Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Psychic/ Gifted vs Mentally Unwell- Two sides of a coin. 5nvklj

Psychic/ Gifted vs Mentally Unwell- Two sides of a coin. 9tpt39

3 posters

Psychic/ Gifted vs Mentally Unwell- Two sides of a coin.

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4795
    Times User Thanked: : 944

Psychic/ Gifted vs Mentally Unwell- Two sides of a coin. Empty Psychic/ Gifted vs Mentally Unwell- Two sides of a coin.

Post by Cloud Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 am

I know this will bring debate as there will be a few who strongly believe in psychiatry before psychic abilities but I wanted to put this out there

We jump to conclusions so quickly

Sometimes hearing voices is normal.... sometimes those who have erratic moods are empaths (they feel intensely, they feel energies from those around them, from places, people, animals, emotions... they sponge them up, they feel so deeply.... many would say this person may have BPD. Or bipolar.

Sometimes those who are low in mood , are low in mood due to their perceptions. The psychic impressions. They see ahead, dream ahead. They see the past, present, future. Sometimes that can be a weight to carry in itself...

Some who are anxious have good reason to be. Some who hear voices are hearing voices of their inner guide, their higher self, Angels, Loved ones, & guardians in general. If their voices are positive, if the person is staying on track and is inspired and content in hearing them..do they really need medication & therapists?.. could this person simply be gifted with ability to see/hear/ sense

Sometimes those who have extravagant ideas are just simply in tune .. with life, themselves, their potential, we should let them believe in their dreams. Hopes, aspirations.

We can't prove everything to do with the paranormal & unexplained. But we also can't dis-prove it. I think we need to keep a balance and keep our minds open when we're dealing with those who we'd normally see as being mentally unwell.

Spiritual experiences are a very common theme in those who are schizophrenic and / or depressed
    I feel we need to stop and start thinking .. ok.. we can't prove it, though we can't dis-prove it neither. Does this mean we exclude it altogether?... I know for me, I wouldn't, and I don't. I have sat with many people who have been labelled with the illnesses above and in many cases I've found they are so in tune with everything and everyone.. so intuitive, so grounded, and the strongest empaths I had ever met

9/10 of them had been taking medications for at least ten years and nothing had helped. Wouldn't that then be enough to conclude that it may not be a problem within themselves, but a problem with society not accepting that these things may exist?

peace

Quality over quantity.✌️
    LishaSol27
    LishaSol27
    Full  Member

Times User Thanked: : 1

Psychic/ Gifted vs Mentally Unwell- Two sides of a coin. Empty Re: Psychic/ Gifted vs Mentally Unwell- Two sides of a coin.

Post by LishaSol27 Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:37 pm

Good read. Definitely needs to be more open mindedness regarding mental illness. You wouldn't believe the amount of judgment even in healthcare
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Times User Thanked: : 1256

Psychic/ Gifted vs Mentally Unwell- Two sides of a coin. Empty Re: Psychic/ Gifted vs Mentally Unwell- Two sides of a coin.

Post by Dragon Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Cloud wrote:9/10 of them had been taking medications for at least ten years and nothing had helped. Wouldn't that then be enough to conclude that it may not be a problem within themselves, but a problem with society not accepting that these things may exist?

peace

People with psychosis are tormented by internal voices. In an effort to explain why a Yale team enlisted help from an unusual source: psychics and others who hear voices but are not diagnosed with a mental illness.

They found that the voices experienced by this group are similar in many ways to those reported by people with schizophrenia, with a few big differences: Psychics are much more likely to perceive the voices as positive or helpful and as experiences that can be controlled.

As many as one in 25 people hear voices at any given time and up to 40% may report hearing a voice at some time in their lives. Most do not meet criteria for mental illness. But finding healthy people to study who hear voices has been difficult.

By comparing the psychics’ experiences with those of people with schizophrenia and a control group of healthy subjects, the authors claim to have found some clues as to what may be protecting this group of healthy voice-hearers.

“These individuals have a much higher degree of control over the voices. They also have a greater willingness to engage with and view the voices as positive or neutral to their lives,’’ Corlett said. “We predict this population will teach us a lot about the neurobiology, cognitive psychology and eventually treatment of distressing voices.”

Researchers say the approach may be unusual, but is justified by lack of progress in treating illnesses like schizophrenia.

Source

Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4795
    Times User Thanked: : 944

Post by Cloud Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Love that Dragon, thanks :D

Yes you hit the nail

Psychosis is not hearing Angels talk to you, it's not just seeing spirits.

Diagnostic criteria are Delusions (for a starter, seeing angels can't be a delusion because we can't disprove they exist for example
    We can't deny much and it's not really far out there.

People need to understand, Typical Psychosis is being terrified with voices putting you down , saying you must do things or negative things will happen to you or loved ones. Psychosis is sheer paranoia that you are being stalked, it's completely consuming for the person with it .. I do believe in mental illness definitely, I just don't believe every voice hearer is schizophrenic, and for the mood swings part I feel they should consider people as a whole. Hormones for a start.
    For depression, some people do better taking vitamin d than they do Prozac, deficiencies can cause mental health problems too. So many things wrong with pushing pills on everyone

Being Psychic is whole other thing, Clairaudience is never accompanied by paranoia / delusions (provided you don't read too many conspiracy theories at 3am :study: :scratch:

Quality over quantity.✌️

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:25 am