Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Benefits of White Tea 5nvklj

Benefits of White Tea 9tpt39

2 posters

Benefits of White Tea

Dragon
    Dragon
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Times User Thanked: : 1256

Benefits of White Tea Empty Benefits of White Tea

Post by Dragon Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Health benefits of white tea include a reduced risk of cancer, cardiovascular disorders, and an improvement in oral health. It has antioxidant and anti-aging properties which help in maintaining good health and wrinkle-free skin. It protects the skin from harmful effects of UV rays. With its antibacterial properties, white tea also protects the body from various infection-causing bacteria.

It provides relief to diabetics from symptoms such as decreased plasma glucose levels, increased insulin secretion, and excessive thirst (polydipsia). Intake of white tea also helps in losing weight.

Though it is consumed as a common beverage, it has plenty of health benefits that can be accounted for after several studies have been carried out both in the present and in the past as well. Due to these benefits, it is considered as a better alternative than coffee, which contains a high percentage of caffeine. Green and black teas are equally beneficial but it is the white tea that undergoes the least processing, which helps in retaining high levels of phytochemicals. Due to minimal processing, the production of white tea requires much lesser time and labor as computed to black tea or green tea production.

History suggests that it may have originated in China. With changing dynasties of China in the past, the production of white tea also changed. With time, various types of this tea were created using a selected type of tea bushes.

White Tea Nutrition Facts

White tea contains nutrients and antimicrobial qualities that protect the body against the occurrence of diseases. It contains tannins, fluoride, and flavonoids such as catechins and polyphenols. These compounds are responsible for the various benefits this tea provides.

Health Benefits of White Tea

With so many anti-aging and antioxidant properties, this tea is indeed beneficial for all of us. The health benefits include:

Antioxidant Agent

Presence of free radicals in the body is what leads to damaged body organs. It contains polyphenols which help in neutralizing these free radicals, making them less destructive. Results of a study suggest that this tea may increase antioxidant effects of organs as well as plasma. Another study was done to investigate neuroprotective effect of white tea extract on hydrogen peroxide-induced toxicity. The results of this study showed that white tea extracts with its antioxidant properties help in cell neuroprotection.

Source
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4795
    Times User Thanked: : 944

Benefits of White Tea Empty Re: Benefits of White Tea

Post by Cloud Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Great post Dragon

I'm not a herbalist or anything but I wanted to add this here: I have asthma and have found a cup of white tea really helps me to breathe easier, just the same way as a puff of Ventolin does. Just me who has noticed this but I wanted to add this here for any who might want to try it for yourselves or a relative (just not during an attack!) and not replacing usual meds

hugs Cloud

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:11 pm