Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

Crisis Apparitions 5nvklj

Crisis Apparitions 9tpt39

2 posters

Crisis Apparitions

Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4795
    Times User Thanked: : 944

Crisis Apparitions Empty Crisis Apparitions

Post by Cloud Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:41 am

Crisis Apparition

Crisis Apparition : these are visions of persons, who at the time of their appearance are undergoing some form of crisis.  For example a severe illness, an injury or even death.

The theory behind this phenomenon is that the afflicted person (the sender or agent), who is either ill or dying, sends out telepathically an image of themselves to someone who has a close relationship with them.  It is thought that in general the sender or agent is unconscious or unaware of sending any message. However in the case of a death crisis, where the sender/agent actually dies, this is clearly difficult to verify.

Apparitions that are seen hours after death are put in to the category of "delayed" crisis apparitions. Some psychical researchers even go as far as to suggest that the agent transmitted the picture while still alive even if they were at the actual point of death.  

In his book Apparitions the author G.N.M. Tyrell discusses a typical delayed crisis apparition.  It involves a lady called Mrs. Paquet whose brother worked on a tugboat in Chicago's harbour.  She awoke one morning in an unshakable depressive mood.  Having gone into the pantry for some tea she turned around to see her brother Edmund standing a few feet away.

'The apparition stood with back toward me, or partially so, and was in the act of falling forward - away from me - seemingly impelled by two loops or a loop of rope drawing against his legs.  the vision lasted but a moment, disappearing over a low railing or bulwark, but was very distinct.  I dropped the tea, clasped my hands to my face, and exclaimed.  "my god! Ed is drowned."'

Soon after this Mrs. Paquet received the news that her brother had fallen overboard nad drowned, exactly as she had seen it happen, but about six hours before her vision.

Source: Mysteries of the Afterlife, Frank Smyth & Roy Stemman, Aldus Books London 1975

Source

I have a story of a crisis apparition to share, will add to this thread when I can

Cloud
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Senior Administrator
    Senior Administrator

Times User Thanked: : 1256

Crisis Apparitions Empty Re: Crisis Apparitions

Post by Dragon Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Death doesn't sever the connection between loved ones, say people who've experienced so-called crisis apparitions.

Nina De Santo was about to close her New Jersey hair salon one winter's night when she saw him standing outside the shop's glass front door.

It was Michael. He was a soft-spoken customer who'd been going through a brutal patch in his life. His wife had divorced him after having an affair with his stepbrother, and he had lost custody of his boy and girl in the ensuing battle.

He was emotionally shattered, but De Santo had tried to help. She'd listened to his problems, given him pep talks, taken him out for drinks.

When De Santo opened the door that Saturday night, Michael was smiling.

"Nina, I can't stay long," he said, pausing in the doorway. "I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for everything."

They chatted a bit more before Michael left and De Santo went home. On Sunday she received a strange call from a salon employee. Michael's body had been found the previous morning.

If Michael was dead, who, or what, did she talk to that night?

"It was very bizarre," she said of the 2001 encounter. "I went through a period of disbelief. How can you tell someone that you saw this man, solid as ever, walk in and talk to you, but he's dead?"

Today, De Santo has a name for what happened that night: "crisis apparition." She stumbled onto the term while reading about paranormal activities after the incident. According to paranormal investigators, a crisis apparition is the spirit of a recently deceased person who visits someone they had a close emotional connection with, usually to say goodbye.

Although such encounters are chilling, they can also be comforting, witnesses and paranormal investigators say. These encounters suggest the bond that exists between loved ones is not erased by death.

Source
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4795
    Times User Thanked: : 944

Post by Cloud Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 am

Short story of a crisis apparition:

I was walking my dog along the beach late last summer, it was just getting dark. Not many people were around , the roads were fairly quiet. In the distance
    I could make out a woman holding her head (infront of me) looking around in shock.. she was frantically looking all around with hands on her head and I could see her bending down as if to cry out. So I sped up, asking myself.. am I seeing things, is she ok? I sped up to meet her and see what was up.
    The closer I got, it struck me that this was a spirit lady and with the beach and promenade being popular in Victorian era, I shrugged it off as being an apparition - ghosts will appear to complete sequences they did whilst living. (Usually at the site of an accident or tragedy).

I took a picture on my phone and she appears as a blue ghostly figure (will attach later). Now the odd part?..... this was at around 7pm. The very next night at 7pm there was a fatal accident, directly across the road, a stones throw from where the lady was looking, and crying. I wont mention any more as it's quite sad but I believe this was a crisis apparition.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content