Mystic Sisterhood

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mystic Sisterhood

Psychic, Paranormal & Natural Science Forums

Next Chat Event

honey for coughs 5nvklj

honey for coughs 9tpt39

2 posters

honey for coughs

astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Virgo Posts : 638
    Times User Thanked: : 41

honey for coughs Empty honey for coughs

Post by astraldreamer Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:02 pm

Everyone knows that  honey and lemon in a hot cup of water is helpful when you have a cold.
    but my dad who is Jamaican  told me something once that  I would like to share with the forum, many of you probably know already but ill post it anyway.

for coughs, don't mix the honey with water or lemon, simply just eat a few spoonfuls of honey straight from the jar.

I have tried this and it really does help when I have a cough, I usually stop coughing within a hour. this also really helps if you have a sore throat.

health advisors here in the uk tell people that honey shouldn't be given to children until over one years of age, but in Jamaica they are given it as a cough rememdy from birth and they are fine, I also used to give it to my children as babies too.

Jamaicans only mix honey with water and lemon or lime as a remedy for a blocked nose as the steam from the boiling water helps unblock it.
    Cloud
    Cloud
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Other / Decline to state Zodiac : Capricorn Posts : 4795
    Times User Thanked: : 944

honey for coughs Empty Re: honey for coughs

Post by Cloud Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:44 pm

Good to know astral thanks

I was talking to a lady a few days ago in the drs and she told me that aside from advising against honey they now also say to not give gripe water until over 1 year?

that surprised me a little bit

(Gripe water is a non-prescription product sold in many countries around the world to relieve colic and other gastrointestinal ailments and discomforts of infants. )

You're right they usually recommend mixing it with water and lemon, glad you mentioned this

Quality over quantity.✌️
    astraldreamer
    Loyal Member
    Loyal  Member

Female Zodiac : Virgo Posts : 638
    Times User Thanked: : 41

Post by astraldreamer Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:58 pm

health advise is always conflicting and changing, I remember when I was little baby food jars used to say from 3 months, when my eldest was born it said from 4 months, then when youngest was born it was 6 months.

in Jamaica babies are fed rigt from birth and they eat it and are fine lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:20 pm